They were acquitted – and even if they would have been found guilty they had been hanged, not burned at the stake! In his work about witch-hunting in the XVII-th century, Witchfinders (2005), Malcom Gaskill says that popular perception (encouraged by Dan Brown’s Da Vinci Code), according to which 5 million women accused of witchcraft [...]
Tag Archive 'stake'
- Facebook is not your friend
- CONCURSUL “PASAPORT PENTRU EXCELENTA”
- 2011 Shakespeare School Essay Competition
- We have time…
- What’s worse: the fear of failures or the failures?
- To have or not to have…
- Advantages and disadvantages of being a teenager
- Drugs and temptations in the teenagers’ life
- What means to be different
- Loving hate
- CALLATIS ©
- THE TEAM