1) Great! I’m glad that we finally agree about something! Thank you!
2) You see, I told you that I use radical honesty. I don’t hide that I was pretty happy that you replied to my comments, but pretty anxious about some of the things you said. I know I can be a real pain in … ! It happens quite often (yes, I was always like this, unfortunately, and by the way I was neither spoiled, nor grew up by grandparents,)! I hope this isn’t such a big problem, because I really love having (even contradictory) discussions with you. One of the smartest persons I know, a true challenge!
3) That is actually pretty coyly, you know! Impolite words.
Polite – someone who is polite behaves towards other people in a pleasant way that follows all the usual rules of society (http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/polite#politeness or just type in “polite” in the search box in the sidebar) In other words, politeness means lying to protect yourself, because it is correct that if you tell everyone the truth, everything that you think about them, then there would be no society, there would be pure Darwinism, pure jungle, pure anarchy, so it really would be better for me to hide more behind words!
ART! Yes, I agree with you that it takes some knowledge and talent to express yourself. You write poetry, which is great and I admit that I am the last one to judge that! I play the piano. Yes, it started like a pretty unpleasant thing that my parents made me do, as back then I was 7 years old and, believe me, it’s a thing that requires a lot of patience and focus. But after some years, it became a passion. It is a passion. I know it is unique the feeling of “giving life” to words, or in my case sounds! I may appear a pretty insensitive and annoying guy, but that’s only half true.
4) You see, I’ve got this problem. Actually I think it is a men related problem. When they talk, men usually transmit information, facts, data and expect the same from the others (that’s one of the big issues between men and women)! Women on the other hand, they talk for the pleasure of talking, that is to relax themselves, and then to transmit emotions, feelings, experiences to others. So, what I expected from you was to give PROOFS, examples and explanations to me about where and how I contradict myself! Instead, dear, you told me that I am searching for my personality. You should know that the personality of an individual is “found”/formed in the first 7 years of life. That is really why they are called something like “The 7 years of staying home” (you know what I mean). Ask anybody: I’ve always been like this.
“I can only relate to my personal experience when I say that it is understandable.” So you are above/past these things?! That sounds really arrogant! (That means I pushed your buttons! Sorry, not intended! Ok, ok just a little bit, just for the fun of it, but admit it, you love to do it too!) “teens” that sounds like a cliché!
5) I thought we were actually discussing facts about your poem, not the artistic part! Ok, I did not understand what a poem truly means! Why don’t you please explain it to me and see if I follow up!
No, I am not trying to change your poem/opinions/feelings! I’m just trying to convince myself of what you wrote. In my opinion, what you wrote doesn’t seem to me that hard to understand or decrypt as you didn’t use that many symbols or figures of speech!
6) Please take your time and read again my other comments about your poem, because I didn’t talk only about men and women. “Did it ever occur to you that they complete each other without the need of one manipulating another” Let me get this straight? You think that most men and women (because all is an impossibility for everything) complete each other and don’t need to manipulate each other. Don’t tell me you are that naive, because you are NOT!
7) to manipulate – to influence someone, or to control something, in a clever or dishonest way (http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/manipulate)
You said: “My poetry was mostly about how men use religion as a tool to manipulate other men and mostly WOMEN.”
After my knowledge, inquisition was all about political power of the Roman Catholic Church and its major role in the society of that time. You refer to the thing that people (women and men) were even tortured to obey the “canon law”. Well, that isn’t manipulation, because it wasn’t “clever” or just “dishonest”. Inquisition meant fear mostly and it was NOT sexist!
8) I didn’t put words in your mouth. I thought you were referring to the modern days, where modern women are no longer forced by for example the inquisition, to obey.
Emotional intelligence. Men hide most of their emotions. I want to quote again from Allan and Barbara Pease to support that affirmation;
“WHY MEN HIDE THEIR EMOTIONS? Modern men still carry the ancient legacy of being brave and showing no weaknesses. Women everywhere ask, ‘Why does he always have to be so strong? Why can’t he just show me how he feels?’ ‘When he’s angry or upset he bottles it up and becomes cut-off or distant.’ ‘It’s like pulling teeth to get him to discuss his problems.’ By nature, a man is suspicious, competitive, controlled, defensive and a loner who hides his emotional state to stay in control. For men, becoming emotional is seen as being out of control. Social conditioning reinforces these behaviors in men by teaching them to ‘act like a man’, ‘put on a brave face’ and ‘boys don’t cry’. As a nest-defender, a woman’s brain is pre-wired to be open, trusting, co-operative, show vulnerability, reveal emotions and know it’s not necessary to stay in control all the time. This is why, when a man and woman encounter problems together, each is confused about the other’s reaction.”
9) Don’t worry!
p.s. Ok. So if people nowadays understand what equality means, then how come a woman is still paid less than a man with the same job? That is a fact and SURPRISE: I DO CONSIDER IT A PROBLEM! A BIG ONE!
Being a career is and always be a problem. Why do you think unmarried women are proffered when hiring? Sometimes, they are not “good business”, because when they get pregnant they’ve got to be paid a certain percentage of the salary during the prenatal and postnatal …vacation. After that, they are more likely to refuse staying for over time at work to get home and be with the children. If we think it political or moral then it is WRONG and I agree with you! But it can’t be changed, as private firms will always do what they consider best for their interest!
Another thing. I am quite interested in politics. In foreign countries, there are many successful and powerful women. In Romania, I’ve seen another issue. Some women that consider themselves “versed politicians” whenever they are attacked or caught with something by a man (and I don’t mean personal attacks, or offenses), they victimize themselves and say they are victims of sexism. Politics is not easy. If you want to be equal, you’ve got to expect to be treated like an equal! Men fight, attack each other in politics. If those women want to be treated equally, they’ve got to stop crying and fight back. Again, I was referring to SOME women in Romanian politics, not all of them.
It is still a men`s world and women have to act like men to survive in it!